Student Housing Overview
At Northwest Railroad Institute, students from all over the United States and abroad come to pursue their education. With that in mind, we’ve equipped our campus in Vancouver, WA with comfortable and secure housing that is convenient to our students.
Northwest Railroad Institute maintains a 48 unit dormitory complex that is only a six-minute drive from campus, offering students all the amenities of home. The property is located in the heart of the International District of Vancouver which is a vibrant, energetic neighborhood with plenty of great shopping and dining choices nearby. These dorms are fully furnished and include free laundry facilities.
Student housing at NWRI features:
- Two or three-bedroom dorms
- Free WiFi
- Comfortable, completely furnished units
- Fully equipped kitchens with pots, pans, cooking utensils, dishes, silverware and kitchen appliances.
- Students may elect to bring their own television, electronics, microwave, coffee maker and personal decorations if they choose.
- Bedrooms are dorm-style and are equipped with dressers, night stands, ample closets, and either two twin beds or one twin bed and a bunk bed (2-3 students per bedroom).
- Each apartment has its own full-sized washer and dryer.
- Toiletries, bedding, decor and other personal items are the responsibility of the student.
- Students must be 18+ years old in order to be eligible for student housing.
Deposit $200 – (non- refundable)
Rent $550 – month
Total for 6 month program length – $3,300
If you’d like to be considered for student housing, please indicate your interest during the admissions process. As you near your start date, you will submit a housing application devised to help us place you with other students that have similar interests and habits thus assuring the best possible match of roommates.
Once you have enrolled and been accepted, you’ll receive more detailed information about housing and the services available to you. Residence is limited to students in good standing at the Academy.